Water heaters play an essential role in our household, but let's face it, there are times when your home's primary system needs a little help. That's where a 110 volt tankless water heater can step in and make a big difference. Whether you need a little boost to speed the hot water flow in a shower or hand sink, or you're simply looking for a portable system, a 110 volt water heater can definitely fill the roll.
Regardless of the specific type or brand, a water heater is an essential tool in most homes today. Think about the number of times you use hot water over the course of a typical day. Hot water is necessary for things like: Cooking, cleaning, bathing, washing your hands, laundry, and even making coffee and tea! So your main system may need a helping hand. That's where a 110-volt tankless water heater comes in, it's designed to deliver hot water for a specific purpose, such as a hand sink.
Tankless water heaters come in all different shapes and sizes, so before you commit to a purchase, you should determine whether a 110-volt water heater is going to be enough to suit your needs. Here are a few things to consider:
Location & Demand
The size and voltage of a tankless water heater depends on the needs you're trying to meet. Generally, individuals purchase a tankless water heater for one of the following applications:
Single Point Application - A single point application is used when you're only heating water for one source. For example, if you simply want to give your kitchen sink a heating boost, you could install a small tankless water heater beneath your kitchen sink.
Multipoint Application - A multipoint application is still less than a whole house system, but it does involve using the heater for more than one water source. In this case, you might use one heater for a shower and a hand sink.
Whole House Application - A whole house application is a water heater that is capable of heating the water for all of your hot water sources throughout your home.
In most cases, purchasing a whole house tankless water heating system is quite expensive and requires professional help to install. Many homeowners choose to use smaller electric tankless water heaters to boost heating for appliances, single rooms, or single water sources such as showers or faucets.
Find a Local Plumber
Fix Your Plumbing Emergency Today!
The main uses of a 110-volt tankless water heater are:
- Point of Use - The most common use of a small electric water heater is directly at the point of any water distributor, such as a bathroom or kitchen sink. You can install it right under the sink or cabinet, so it directly heats the water.
- Travel - Because some of these heaters are so small, it's convenient to carry them around, and they are commonly used in cars, RVs, or with pets. There are even specially designed water heaters for travel that burn propane and are designed for outdoor use.
- Supplemental Use - Individuals often add a tankless heater to their existing system to bolster hot water in areas like the kitchen or bathroom. There are two advantages here: First, if your tank runs out of hot water, you still have the electric heater as a back-up. Second, You'll have hot water immediately, you won't need to wait as the hot water from your tank travels through your home's plumbing.
If any of these uses resonate with your current situation, then there's a good chance you're in need of a 110-volt on-demand water heater.
There are several different types of 110-volt tankless water heaters on the market today. To help you make an informed decision, let's take a closer look at each.
110v Plug-in Tankless Water Heaters
Small 110-volt water heaters are particularly convenient for apartments, as their shortened dimensions take up very little space where you might not have much to spare. Because of their small size they are also an excellent choice for RVs and campers.
Heaters like CNCEST's DY19 Instant Mini Hot Water Heater (shown below) can give you a boost when you're washing the dishes or hosing down your pet. It packs 3000 Watts of power into it's small size and is capable of delivering a temperature range between 95° to 113° Fahrenheit.
It's a tiny little heater with dimensions of 5.31" x 2.36" x 6.59" and has a LCD display so you can view the outgoing water temperature. The heat exchanger is made from stainless steel and the unit can be plugged directly into any US standard electrical outlet.
- 【Lightweight Safety Design】: Mini size Approx. 13.5 x 6 x 16.5cm/ 5.31 x 2.36 x 6.59" and lightweight design for your home use. It can bring instant hot water for you at home when washing food or vegetable in kitchen
- 【Instant Hot Water】:3000W rated power 50Hz frequency can provide you hot water range from 35-45℃ , get instant endless hot water easily , As soon as you turn on the tap,you just need to relax and wait for the hot water to come out
- 【Energy Saving】:Compact and light weight structure with extraordinary energy saving technology. This electric water heater are designed with advanced combustion technology to decrease gas consumption and burning noise. Save more when using our tankless water heater
- 【Safety Protection】: Leakage protection, IPX4 waterproof, Dry heating protection, Water-electricity isolation, Auto power-off at inactive state, Over-temperature automatic power-off
- 【Excellent Customer Service】: US STOCK, delivery in 3-5 working day. We provide high quality products and great after sales customer service,customers could reach us for any problems and we will reply in 24 hours to solve your problem
Of course, because they're so small, these heaters typically have a negative impact on your flow rate. We wouldn't recommend it for things like showers, baths, and laundry machines, but simple areas like faucets can certainly benefit at an affordable price.
Another option is the Mini Electric Tankless Heater by Garosa. It can fit into the tiniest of places to secure close, direct, and effective heating in one location. These types of heaters typically perform fine for single points of use, such as a hand sink where hot water demand is minimal.
- NOTICE Before PURCHASE: The water heater need a larger than 32 amps circuit breaker; the outlet water temperature won't very hot because the water heater just 3KW, so it can't be used to bath or wash hair, it can be use to wash hand or use in kitchen. If it doesn't meet your require, PLEASE DON'T BUY.
- SIMPLE OPERATION: Freely adjust water temperature by water flow, simple operation, you can enjoy hot water all-weather without wait. PLEASE KINDLY check the third picture which show the water flow spped and water temp.(test data)
- SAFE USE: Safe heater, electricity saving, water saving, no pollution, no exhaust gas, LCD digital temperature display(). In order to ensure safe use, all current and voltage power problems are strictly tested to ensure product safety before leaving the factory.
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL: Stainless construction with mini design, the connter is made of brass, the tankless water heater is durable and portable.
- Use Experience: When the inlet water temperature is very low, the outgoing water is not ice, but no heat is felt; when the inlet water temperature is high, the outgoing water will be hotter. If you have high temperature requirements, PLEASE DON'T BUY..
110 Volt Point of Use Electric Tankless Water Heater
Although there are a few plug-in electric tankless water heaters on the market, there's a good chance you'll be disappointed with their performance. Hardwiring a tankless heater into your electrical system is always the better choice. There's more models to choose between and although it's more of a hassle to install, your water heater will perform better.
The Chronomite SR-30L Tankless Water Heater is a no nonsense small 120-volt, 3600-watts low flow heater that can deliver .50 gallons of hot water per minute. Many tankless systems require six seconds to deliver hot water, but the Chronomite can do it in two!
The small design (9.63" x 2.75" x 6.25") makes it ideal to install under a sink. It's designed to raise the temperature of your incoming water by 49° F. So if your incoming water is 50°, you can expect the hot water to be 99° F. If you're looking for hot and fast hot water, in a no-frills package, this is an excellent choice.
No products found.
A popular choice is the EcoSmart POU 3.5 Tankless Water Heater. It has a temperature read out and power button on the front panel so you can easily see the output temperature. The 3500 Watt unit is streamlined and doesn't require much space (11" x 7" x 2.75"), and it's rated for 120V.
The components are made from stainless steel and copper, and the EcoSmart POU 3.5 should be able to handle one sink with a flow rate of 0.50 gallons per minute which is enough to handle a hand sink. If you require more hot water or you live in a cold climate, you may want to consider upgrading to the EcoSmart POU 6.0 which is the same heater with a bit more power.
- Can provide hot water for one sink at 0.5 GPM in warmer climates
- Requires 1 x 30 amp breaker and 10 AWG wire
- For one sink at 0.5 GPM in colder climates the POU 6 is recommended
- Amperage Draw 29 amp. kW - 3.5 kW
- Connection Fittings 1/2" NPT
Stiebel Eltron Tankless
If you're looking for quality, you should definitely check out the Stiebel Eltron DHC 3-1. With it's sleek, no-nonsense design and superior German engineering, this 120V tankless water heater not only looks good, but it performs at a best in class level.
Although it's slightly larger (18.9" x 7.9" x 14.25") it should still be able to fit nicely in a cabinet, or simply in view under a sink. This 3000 Watt heater is listed as a 120V, but Stiebel Eltron informed us that it was rated for 110V.
With a temperature range between 86° to 140° F. your hot water will be piping hot, and the Electronic Temperature Control will keep the water at a constant temperature so you won't need to worry about sudden changes.
- Up to 50% less power consumption compared to storage type heaters
- Hot water instantly, available in many different kW sizes
- Hydraulically controlled for quiet operation
- Resettable safety high limit switch, never dry fires and fails prematurely
- Lower installation costs compared to tank type units
Another option is the Ariston Aures Slim Multi Electric Tankless Water Heater, it's small and compact (7.3" x 11.8" x 3.5") and offers the feature of adjusting your hot water temperature. There are three temperature setting options: Low (1Kw); Medium (2 Kw); and High (3 Kw).
The heat exchanger is made from copper and the unit can deliver a temperature range between 90° to 131° F. The 3000 Watt heater will need to be hardwired into your electrical system.
- Endless hot water, instant comfort
- Space saving compact design; Eliminates the need for a recirculation line and is great for remote locations
- Hot water on-demand; No water wasted while waiting for hot water to arrive from a tank
- Easy installation; all that is required is a cold water line and an electrical connection to install this water heater at the sink
- Energy is activated only when hot water is used, giving you an unlimited hot water supply with no energy wasted keeping stored water hot
110 Volt Point of Use Electric Tank Water Heater
Tankless water heaters have their advantages, but they are often more expensive than a tank-style water heater. In addition, as you can see, you'll need to have them hardwired directly into your home's electrical system, which will require hiring a professional.
We highly recommend considering purchasing a tank-style water heater. In most cases a tank-style heater will meet your needs, save you money, and you can simply plug it into a standard electrical outlet. If you're comfortable with doing a little light plumbing, you can even hook it up yourself. Here's a few excellent tank-style 110 Volt water heaters:
Bosch 3000 T Mini-Tank
A very popular tank-style heater is the Bosch 3000 T Mini-Tank Electric Water Heater. The 4-gallon tank has plenty of water to wash your hands or do dishes, and if you need more hot water, you can always upgrade to the larger 7-gallon tank model.
Installation is easy and the mini-tank can be plugged directly into a standard electrical outlet. The square design (13.75" x 13.75" x 13.5") allows for plenty of placement options. The included mount allows for wall installation, or simply setting it on a shelf or the floor.
The Bosch 3000 T Mini-Tank has a temperature range of 65° to 145° F., and a fast recovery time. It requires 1440 Watts and is rated for 120 Volts. It's hard to go wrong with the Bosch 3000 T.
The Stiebel Eltron SHC4 4-Gallon Water Heater is another excellent option. Stiebel Eltron is known for well designed and superior performing water heaters. The 4-gallon tank is glass-lined to reduce corrosion, and is large enough to handle hand washing or kitchen applications. This an excellent choice for RVs and other applications such as food trucks, wet bars, cabins, and of course household hand and kitchen sinks. If you need a larger size, a 6-gallon tank model is also available.
No special wiring is necessary, the Stiebel Eltron SHC4 comes with a 3-prong grounded plug which works in a 110-120V outlet, and has a temperature range between 86° to 140° F. It's size is slightly larger (19-3/4" x 12-5/8" x 12-1/2") but it's sleek design and sharp white color makes it easy on the eyes and adds a stylish flair.
A more traditional looking tank-style water heater is the American Standard CE-6-AS 6-Gallon Tank. It's an excellent choice if you have the room for a slightly larger (13.88" x 13.88" x 15.5") heater that can sit on a shelf either in a cabinet or mounted on a wall.
The heavy gauge steel tank is lined with Dura Glass (fired at 1,600° F.) which helps protect it from corrosion. Considering the typical shower uses 6 to 8 gallons of hot water, the American Standard should just have you covered, but you could always upgrade to the larger 12-gallon model if you're worried about running out. Both the 6 and 12-gallon models run on 120 Volts and require hardwiring into your electrical system.
110 Volt Electric Tankless Water Heater for Shower
There's nothing worse than stepping into an ice-cold shower, so it's understandable that you might want an on-demand water heater solely for the guarantee that your shower is hot . . . no matter what other appliances are using hot water.
There are a few 110 Volt water heaters on the market today designed specifically for showers. However, if you're looking for a high-quality instant hot water heater for a good, long shower, you might want to check out heaters with a higher voltage.
Boccherini Electric Instant Hot Water
The Boccherini Electric Instant Hot Water allows you to control the water temperature with it's three built-in power settings. It also has dual shower heads, one stationary shower head overhead, and a separate handheld head to give you plenty of mobility while showering.
- On demand water heater – instant hot water with an unlimited supply, when you want it without wasting any energy when not needed.
- 3 Power Setting Selector - Three water temperature control, Low, Medium and High water temperature.
- Dual Shower Head/Handheld Heater Combo - overhead shower head and hand shower separately.
- The shower head has an automatic sensor - You can also adjust the water temperature by adding more or less water.
- IMPORTANT: Requires install 40 AMP breaker and 10 AWG wiring. it doesn’t have a cable plug included. Save up to 60-percent on your water heating cost with an GARLAT BOCCHERINI Shower Head heater. BOCCHERINI are leading the Colombian industry.
iHeat Hot Spot Shower Head
Another option is the iHeat Hot Spot Tankless Electric Shower Head. This 110 Volt shower head fits directly on the shower nipple and can be used in the shower or outdoors. It's great for camping trips when "roughing it" shouldn't require cold showers, or even outdoor showers for pools.
Designed with advanced technology, it offers 5 power settings to choose between. But it should be noted, that the inlet water temperatures should be above 70° for best results, so it is definitely better suited for Summer time demand.
- Saves water costs by cutting down on long waits associated with waiting for hot water to reach your shower, hot water right at your shower head
- Patented water proof design, keeps the consumer completely safe by isolating and properly grounding all electrical connections within the heaters construction
- Patented design also eliminates the need to have to replace the heating element, by removing the unwanted air from the heating chamber
- Tank less shower head heater connects directly to the shower Nipple for fast easy installation
- Shower head heater was designed with a great Chrome finish and with all water proof construction to eliminate any interior moisture
Buying a 110-volt tankless water heater doesn't need to be a stressful task. If you just need a few gallons of hot water for a wet bar or a hand sink, purchasing a tank-style heater might be your best option as you most likely won't need to hire a electrician.
But if you want hot water for a shower, your best choice might be to purchase a tankless heater because your hot water usage won't be limited by the size of the tank. Just be careful that the tankless you purchase will be able to provide the necessary amount of hot water.
Even though there are some plug-in style 110-volt tankless water heaters available, unless your demand is minimal, you'll be better off purchasing a tankless that requires hardwiring or a tank-style heater. There's a reason reputable brands such as Stiebel Eltron, Bosch, and EcoSmart only sell hardwired 120-Volt water heaters.
Last update on 2022-01-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API